Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Power Sewing!

My goal this weekend was to try to quilt as large a pile of tops as possible so that I'll have some bindings to hand sew during Thanksgiving break. I think I accomplished it!
None of these are huge quilts (I think the biggest is 48 x 55), which is why I was able to get so many done!  I've trimmed the edges, but I still have to clean up threads and machine sew the binding to the front so they're ready to take on the road.
Come to think of it, I also have to make miles of bindings!  And in case you're thinking I've managed to whittle down my pile of unquilted tops, here's a basket of evidence to the contrary (Disclosure: there is ANOTHER basket of tops to quilt near my quilting machine! This is just the one in my sewing room!)
 It has been great to finish so many things recently, but it has given me another goal/project:
 
 This is how I package up my Etsy quilts for shipping. I really like to look the quilt over carefully for loose threads, etc. and package it up ahead of time so that it's ready to go as soon as it sells. My policy is generally to ship within 24 hours, and if I wake up to find that a quilt has sold, I like to be able to take it with me on the way to work without worrying that I rushed through the packaging.
Usually, my quilts look like this: I have a numbered system so it's easy to find the one I need (and for my substitute shipping dept -- a.k.a my husband -- to ship for me if I'm not home).
You can see from this picture that I have a lot of catching up to do!
  I think I'd better try to package up 1 or 2 every night until I'm caught up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment