I am excited to finally share a gigantic work-in-progress that has kept me busy over the past month!
One of my favorite out-of-print fabric collections is Arcadia. I've been hoarding bits and pieces for quite a while, so when a customer requested a 60 x 120 inch quilt for a king size bed, I was able to accommodate! For the pattern, she chose Pint-Size Jelly-filled by Camille Roskelley, which was perfect, because I had three Arcadia honey buns in my stash. I began making blocks:
And then I made more blocks:
And more blocks:
And then I realized I would need 216 blocks for the project, which works out to over 1900 pieces of fabric!
Even laying it out was a challenge -- I had to find a big enough floor space!
But now it is finally quilted, and ready to be bound:
It sort of feels like I climbed a quilting mountain!
Linking up to Freshly Pieced Work-in-Progress Wednesday!