Saturday, February 23, 2013

Finishes to Share!

As promised, here are a few custom items that are either finished, or in the final stages! The first was a simple patchwork design mixing several Bonnie and Camille fabric collections, as well as a few grey chevrons to match the intended nursery. I've made several of these, and I love how they come together -- Bliss, Ruby and Vintage Modern mix so well together! I did forget to take a picture with the binding finished --oops!

This next one was just completed today. The customer liked my Ahoy Matey quilt and wanted something similar with airplanes. Here's the Ahoy Matey quilt, which actually uses a pre-printed panel for the center:

Since I didn't have the option of a panel, I photocopied and enlarged images from the cute airplane border fabric (On the Go by Bo Bunny for Riley Blake Fabrics):

And here's the finished quilt:

Normally, I would not have sewn on the borders before adding the appliqués, but I needed to get an idea of the scale of the final quilt. I also ran out of Heat and Bond lite (my favorite appliqué tool) and had to send my husband to the store for more, so sewing on the borders ahead of time helped with the impending deadline! I love the way it turned out -- I think I'll be listing a made-to-order version in my shop soon!

Finally, I'm hand-sewing the binding on this Sugar and Spice quilt (LOVE striped bindings!) so it can head off to its new home soon.

Tomorrow evening, I'll be working on finishing a quilt top that has taken longer than anticipated -- I'm excited to be in the final stages! More to share soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment