Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Work in Progress

I am excited to finally share a gigantic work-in-progress that has kept me busy over the past month!

One of my favorite out-of-print fabric collections is Arcadia. I've been hoarding bits and pieces for quite a while, so when a customer requested a 60 x 120 inch quilt for a king size bed, I was able to accommodate! For the pattern, she chose Pint-Size Jelly-filled by Camille Roskelley, which was perfect, because I had three Arcadia honey buns in my stash. I began making blocks:

And then I made more blocks:

And more blocks:

And then I realized I would need 216 blocks for the project, which works out to over 1900 pieces of fabric!

Even laying it out was a challenge -- I had to find a big enough floor space!

But now it is finally quilted, and ready to be bound:

It sort of feels like I climbed a quilting mountain!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced Work-in-Progress Wednesday!

 

10 comments:

  1. Quite a mountain...but the view from the top is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love this pattern and have made this quilt out of verna - but LOVE the fabrics you chose. I can't believe how big it got! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an achievement quilting something that big. Nicely done. I love the pattern as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is beautiful! I'm working on a king size spiderweb quilt, and I know what you mean by "climbing a mountain." I'm only half way up and I feel like it's Everest lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice! You must be thrilled with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo!!!! I love how every so often there is a striped block! Perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge quilt, little blocks. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete