Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ten Things This Summer

One of my favorite bloggers, Sherri at A Quilting Life, is hosting a Linky party to share your list of summer goals. I've had these goals unofficially floating around in my head, so I thought it would be fun to write them down!

#1 Replace floor in sewing room and reorganize! (This one is actually DONE!)

#2 Bind the stack of quilts that I finished in June (read more about this goal here).

#3 Use up some scraps and make some Dresden plate pillows for the shop

#4 Make a bunch of Christmas stockings for the shop (tutorial can be found here). I got a little start on these today!

#5 Finish writing the four patterns I've been working on

#6 Complete some of the partially finished projects that are taking up space on my sewing room floor:

#7 Buy less, and start working my way through those beautiful fabrics I have stashed in my storage drawers

#8 Finish my son's t-shirt quilt!

#9 Quilt tops as I finish them instead of letting them pile up!

#10 Get a good start on my final year as Block of the Month chairperson for my local quilt guild by writing all of the instructions for this year's blocks, and precutting all the fabrics for the kits. (Last year's Block of the Month is pictured below)

I'll end the summer with a post detailing how I did on my list of goals!

Linking up to Sherri at A Quilting Life, and Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

 

10 comments:

  1. Love the list and the beautiful eye candy photos! I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress after they have had a chance to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of the stack of quilts you have to bind. June must have been a busy/productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a big list! That is a big pile of quilts too:) I think you are doing a lot so just keep at it, Here's to a productive summer.I am starting a tshirt quilt and I hope it looks as nice as yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is some kind of list. I'm not sure if I'm totally jealous or totally relieved that it you list and not mine! I guess you better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that being a quilter means that you're always busier than everybody else! I just love the dresden plate pillow - I have a few that would be perfect for a pillow.
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many quilts! Have fun binding! And I love those Christmas stockings...I'm going to have to look up that tutorial! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That block of the month is gorgeous. I loved the Blogger Girls quilt that Monique Dillard designed. I have one of her patterns that is similar, but my list was long enough already without adding that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see your link on Sherri's post today! Love your Summer list! May I ask what is in all those shipping boxes on the shelf? And Congrats on the finish's! I got a bunch of finishes done for June too! Will blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's an amazing stack of quilts! Good for you. Best of luck on getting through your list this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can' believe what a prolific quilter you are! Wow I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete