Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pinwheel Sampler

I finished my pinwheel sampler quilt while watching the Olympics last night! I used the tutorials from Rachel's pinwheel sampler quilt-along at p.s. I quilt.

I am excited about the way it turned out! I especially love the mini pinwheel blocks used as cornerstones in the sashing.

I had a hard time choosing the backing, but since I loved the teal colors in the top, I went with a blue and green Kaffe Fassett print ( the bonus was that I got it on sale for about $7.50 a yard).

I also had a couple of small finishes. Last week, I made a custom quilted pillow sham out of the Set Sail collection by Birch Fabrics, and I had enough pieces leftover to make two 16 inch pillow shams:

Linking up with Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the colors are very pretty and I agree on the cornerstones...they are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good week to me! Awesome quilt and awesome finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pinwheel sampler! I really need to finish mine! I have learned so much since I started it in 2010!

    ReplyDelete