Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry # 1

My blogging mojo has been seriously lacking lately, so I thought I'd get it back into gear by entering the 2014 Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival. This is my first time entering, so I'm pretty excited!

Today's entry is in the Scrappy Quilts category:

I made this mustache quilt as a Christmas gift for my daughter, and it has definitely become her favorite quilt! (The template for the mustaches can be found HERE).

She loves blue and orange, so I had fun digging through my stash for some fun, modern prints in those colors. Most of the fabrics I used are by Anna Maria Horner, Joel Dewberry, and Denyse Schmidt.

Grey is one of my favorite neutrals (plus it holds up better to dirt than white!) so I used Kona medium grey to set off the mustaches (which are appliquéd by machine).

For the final touch, I added a minky backing so it's extra snuggly!

I had a chance to remake the quilt this year for an Etsy customer who had seen it on my blog, and it was just as much fun to make the second time around!

Head on over to Amy's Creative Side to see the other entries!

 

1 comment:

  1. You had me at mustaches but then it's blue and orange and grey which is my favourite colour combo and it would be impossible for me not to love this!

    ReplyDelete