Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Visit to Central Park!

Today, I'm visiting Central Park -- in the form of Kate Spain's beautiful fabric collection.  This has to be one of my favorites -- the colors and designs always make me feel happy. These three piles will become three custom order quilts.  The flying geese one (middle) is ready to lay out and sew together.  The other two piles need to be trimmed to exact sizes (a tedious task but totally worth it) before becoming zig zag quilts.  I don't mind having multiple projects going at once, especially when you can cut similar fabrics at the same time -- I love efficiency.  However, the zig zags will be put aside for a few hours while I concentrate on getting the flying geese sewn together and loaded on the quilting machine! Perhaps I'll do some triangle trimming while I watch tonight's episode of Project Runway!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like some neat new projects! Can't wait to see the final product, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete