this tutorial. I really liked the design of the octopus -- not too scary, and not too cartoony. I did enlarge the pattern a bit so the applique would occupy a large corner of the quilt. It feels good to have this project (almost!) done -- I still need to sew on the binding. I dragged my feet on it a bit because I was second-guessing fabric choices for the applique, but in the end, I chose Kona solids in colors that coordinated with the Coquette fabrics.
The second finish of the day is this Reunion pillow cover, made to match another custom order Reunion quilt!
I love the way it turned out. Everytime I make a pillow cover, I feel like dropping everything else and playing with scraps to make a bunch more pilllows. They are so addictive! I did manage to move on to the other proects that needed doing, but I do see myself revisiting this pillow design sometime in the near future!
Let's hope this week is a bit calmer than the last one was so I'll have more quilty things to share!