Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Quilt Finish! Scrappy Chevron

Recently finished and newly added to the shop:
This was one of my California quilt top finishes that never made it to the blog!  All of the pieces were leftover from this custom order quilt I made last winter. (The pattern for the quilt shown below is available from Olive Tree Patterns.)
Don't you just love how versatile half square triangles are?  Both of these quilts were made from the same basic building block -- the magic is in the layout!
I must admit that when I first started putting the original quilt together, I was unsure about the fabric choices.  I really didn't know if all of these pinks would play together nicely in the final quilt. 
I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome and looked forward to working with the leftovers at a later date.  Because I had to purchase quarter and half yards of a variety of fabrics for the initial quilt, I had plenty leftover -- it was just a matter of deciding how to use them.
Since chevrons and zig zags are so trendy right now, that seemed the way to go!
You can read more about the chevron quilt here.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I love half square triangles and the fact that you can do so much with them.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry,
    This one is so pretty. I added it to my favorites on Etsy! To be honest, the Chevron style quilt hadn't appealed to me in the past but I'm slowly being won over by yours and one that Liz Taylor Handmade did out of vintage sheets.
    Have a great weekend!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your chevron quilt. That never was a favorite pattern with me but this quilt is really cool! I am visiting from Find a Friend Friday. I really like the quilts you have posted recently!

    ReplyDelete