Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Stockings Were Hung...

I have been hoping to make some new Christmas stockings for our family for quite a while -- it just seems to be one of those things that gets overlooked on the list! I purchased this pattern by Camille Roskelly almost 2 years ago, and finally decided to play around with it this past weekend.

For my prototypes, I chose some non traditional colors-- scraps of the fabric line Hometown by Sweetwater for Moda fabrics. I used a quilt as you go method to make the fronts, which I will illustrate in an upcoming blog post (edited to add: click HERE for that post!) Then, I used this tutorial by CluckCluckSew to make and attach the cuffs.

I liked the cuff, but it also covered up some of my strips, so I also tried one using some leftover binding to finish up the top edge.

I'm in the midst of making another set using leftover strips from Kate Spain's Twelve Days of Chrismas fabric collection, and then I might actually get to work in the ones for our family!


No comments:

Post a Comment