Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I have made lots of progress on my pile of unquilted tops this week. These quilts are waiting to be bound and listed in the store. First, a quilt made from my Hip to Be Square pattern in the "Make Life" fabric collection from Sweetwater. I am almost out of this fabric -- one of my favorites!

Secondly, a Modern Meadow quilt in my Bricklayer pattern -- I made four quilt tops this summer out of Modern Meadow, and I have one left to quilt.



And currently on the machine, the first of three Sugar Pop tops that need quilting. Love these bright, cheery colors! After this one is quilted, I will have whittled that pile of 40 quilt tops down to 15!

My local quilt guild has a WIP pledge every September, and being such a type A personality, this is a huge motivation for me to complete old projects, even if it means some last minute marathon sewing! This year, I'm trying not to leave everything to the last minute. One of the five projects I promised to finish this year consists of leftover label block kits from our guild's Block of the Month a few years ago. I have 15 kits , so I think I can scrape up a sixteenth one and make a nice table topper to donate to our quilt show's silent auction in the fall. The first two blocks went together quickly on Sunday, so hopefully I'll keep the momentum going. These blue and white blocks measure 6 inch finished.

This weekend, I will be concentrating on several custom orders -- the pretty stock of fabrics shown below is one of them! I'll share some progress soon!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment