Friday, March 8, 2013

Finish it Up Friday

Over the weekend, I managed to wrap up 4 custom orders that had been in-progress, and I sent them off to their new homes on Monday. Since several were remakes of previous quilts, I forgot to get pictures of them, but here is a quick shot I took of three of them (from the top, Vroom, Backyard Baby and Neptune).

The fourth finish was for a customer who had sent me a photo of a quilt she had received for her first daughter, wanting to know if I could recreate it for her second daughter (the person who made it originally is no longer in business). The original was made out of Kate Spain's first line for Moda, Verna, of which I happened to have a little stash!

I've used Minky on the backs of quilts before, but never as a border. I found it both a little frustrating, but also "forgiving" in terms of the overall finished product. I did add some Warm and Natural batting, and quilted it with straight lines so that the layers would stay together in the wash. I'm happy to report that the customer actually liked it better than the original!

My last finish of the week doesn't look like a finish, but it is to me! I am the chairperson of my guild's block of the month program, and this week, I finally finished making the rest of the sample blocks for the year, and cutting the fabric for the kits (the program runs through May, but I like to work ahead as much as possible).

I stopped at the local quilt store on Wednesday to pick up some sashing, border and backing-- I'll be sure to share a pic once it's done! I am loving the color scheme!

Linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday!


  1. Holy moly, I love your block of the month samples. That's going to be a GREAT quilt!

  2. I am loving your block of the month samples too...pretty, pretty, pretty!