Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer 2015 Blog Series

Summer vacation has almost officially begun, and I've been giving a lot of thought to what I'd like to accomplish over the next two months. As usual, sewing room organization has jumped to the top of the list, but I'm excited to announce a weekly blog series that I think will help me accomplish this goal in a unique way! I'm calling it "Designer of the Week!" Here is the impetus for the project:

One of the things I love most about my sewing room storage are these sets of drawers from Michaels. They are actually scrapbooking storage units, but I have found that the drawers are the perfect size for charm packs, jelly rolls and fat quarters. I purchased the units over a period of time, and most of them are labeled with a particular designer or fabric collection. This made it easy to put away scraps and leftovers, or to find fabrics for my next project. However, many of the drawers have become overcrowded, making it difficult to put things away.


This is what the drawers are supposed to look like:

But in reality, many of them look Iike this:

I've decided to focus on different designer each week, with the main goal of using up some of the scraps and loose ends in order to clear some space in the drawers. This week, I'll be starting with Sanae (Moda Fabrics). I have three drawers of fabrics by this designer, but I'm really hoping to condense them down to two drawers. At the end of each week, I'll share my progress on both the drawers and the projects. I hope you'll follow along on my summer organizing series!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment