Monday, May 17, 2010

ARRRRGGH!


The baby quilts were set aside this evening so I could complete an entirely different type of project -- 24 felt pirate beards for my elementary school musical. (They look much cuter when they're on faces, trust me!). The rainbow of colors is due to the fact that the pirates' names are Blackbeard, Bluebeard, Yellowbeard, Redbeard, Purplebeard...you get the idea. I found the beard tutorial here (isn't it great when people share their creative ideas and spare the rest of us from trying to reinvent the wheel?!). The pattern was easy, but by Beard # 24, I had lost the will to live. Needless to say, they got progressively less perfect, and none of them will win any sewing awards. However, they are DONE and I'm sure no one in the audience will notice my crooked stitches.
I did manage to finish quilting the Adirondack baby quilt last night. All that remains is to hand sew the bindings on both baby quilts -- tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment