Top Ten Signs That You're Addicted to Quilting:
(I'm sure there are a lot of versions of these on the web, but I decided to use my own personal examples!)
10. Even though all of your clothes are wash and wear, you own a very expensive iron, and your ironing board is almost always out.
9. When your daughter sees an iron in the hotel room closet, she says "Look, Mom -- you could sew here!"
8. Your 11 year old son can correctly define "WIP" and "fat quarter" , and knows who Alex Anderson is.
7. When you fly back and forth across the country to visit family, you bring a Singer Featherweight in your carry-on luggage.
6. You own 5 sewing machines, one of which is located 3,000 miles away (in order to avoid #7!)
5. You've considered legally changing your children's names to Kaffe and Amy (just kidding -- this is too over-the-top, even for me!)
4. When you say "It's in the sewing room", the follow-up question is always "Which one?"
3. Your husband's co-workers are constantly picking thread off his clothes.
2. Everyone in your house has had a pin stuck in his/her toe at some point.
And the number one answer...
1. Even though you have known for months that 2 co-workers were pregnant, you wait until the weekend before the baby shower to finish their quilts (see photo-- quilt # 1 still needs binding and quilt #2 hasn't even made it to the quilting machine yet!).
So, there -- you know a little about me and my obsession with quilting. Now it's time to order a pizza so I can get the baby quilts finished!