Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stash Hoarding, the Sequel, Day 2: Make Life

A stash hoarding series would not be complete without an entry by Sweetwater. In fact, this year's Stash Hoarding Series will include TWO Sweetwater collections.

Of course, I am still completely smitten by one of last year's stash hoarding entries, Authentic, but I have other favorites as well.

Sweetwater's second collection for Moda, Make Life, was an entirely different color palette from their wildly successful collection Authentic. But it contains some of the same elements that make their fabrics so wonderful: dots, stripes, text prints, etc. As soon as it was available, I wasted no time in making one of my Hip to Be Square quilts:

I also made a tumbler quilt out of some of the collection. This picture is a nice representation of the beautiful colors and prints:

Earlier this year, I revisited the collection and made a couple of additional Hip to Be Square quilts, as well as a matching burp cloth and stroller blanket for a customer:

This charcoal grey minky dot was a perfect backing for the burp cloth, even though the fabric in the collection reads dark brown.

I can't believe I was able to find enough of the green text print on the Internet to back the quilt -- very hard to find nowadays!

Occasionally, I come across some reasonably priced Make Life charm packs, and I can't help but snatch them up. I'm definitely still not over this fun collection!

Tomorrow, I'll share my next favorite Sweetwater collection, Any guesses as to what it will be?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment