Friday, August 16, 2013

Stash Hoarding, The Sequel, Day One: Ruby

Last fall, I did a series of blog posts on my favorite fabrics to "hoard". (My working definition of this is "out-of-print fabric collections that I can't resist purchasing if I find a reasonable price on them, and although I will sew with them, I seem to have to maintain a healthy amount in reserve in order to do so!"). I decided to do a second series of posts this week called "Stash Hoarding: The Sequel".

It will come as no surprise that the first collection, Ruby, is a "sibling" of one of last year's collections (Bliss). I would buy any Bonnie and Camille fabric collection sight-unseen. I just love all of them, and I especially like the way they work together. In fact, I've made several quilts with multiple collections, including my Scrappy Trip Along (Bliss, Ruby, Vintage Modern, Marmalade, and Happy Go Lucky), which now lives on my bed.

Another quilt for me : Great Granny Squares (Bliss and Ruby), and backed Ina cozy flannel print from the Ruby collection.

Patchwork Squares (Bliss, Ruby and Vintage Modern)-- this is one of several I've made for Etsy customers.
I really haven't made too many quilts solely out of Ruby, but I did make this queen size version with matching shams for a customer in January.
This quilt was inspired by a pillow I made from Bliss and Ruby. Instead of using a white background, I chose the Ruby aqua dot to set off the stars.

I am working on a similar version using the grey Ruby dot as background:

Here are the most recent additions to my Ruby stash: a couple of scrap bags from Ebay that I think are destined to become Christmas stockings!

Tune in tomorrow for the next installment of Stash Hoarding!

 

2 comments: