Thursday, December 12, 2013

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 12

We are almost at the halfway point of my Twenty-five quilts blogging challenge already!

As I mentioned yesterday, I am not usually a fan of pre-printed panels. However, this Ahoy Matey fabric collection was too cute to resist!

This particular custom order included a matching sham as well.

I really like the combination of fabrics in the quilt. Earlier this year, the backing fabric was on back order and fairly hard to find, but now it's back in stock! The whale border fabric has been sold out for a while almost everywhere, so I've had to stock up when I come across some!

I've had several inquiries about making this quilt in a twin or full size, and I've been intrigued by the idea of using the panel in a different way to make a larger quilt. I haven't actually made one yet, but I have some ideas floating round!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment