Monday, December 16, 2013

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 16

This quilt as been a long time in the making (and it's not quite finished yet -- I still have to finish the binding on one edge)!

I first blogged about it in June -- I was inspired to make some blocks after working on a vintage quilt for a colleague.

The fabrics are all from Denyse Schmidt's Blossom Hill collection for Joann Fabrics. In fact, I was really excited to see my blocks on her Facebook page after I blogged about them!

I finally finished all of the blocks and assembled the top this fall, only to discover that I needed more backing fabric, so the top sat for several more weeks.

I think the grey polka dot sashing is my favorite part!

A pattern for this quilt is in the works -I'll let you know as soon as it's ready!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment