Monday, December 2, 2013

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 2

This month, I've issued myself a challenge to blog about a recent finish each day through Dec 25.

Today's entry is another coins quilt -- the largest coins quilt I've ever made! (In the photo below, the quilt takes up most of my kitchen floor!).

This was a custom order request -- a customer had seen the small Les Amis coins quilt in my shop, and requested a queen-size version!

The assembly went pretty well. I decided to work on one row at a time, and sew them together as I completed them, both to avoid being overwhelmed by the assembly, and to make it easier to keep the fabrics scrappy and varied from row to row. The background color is Kona Ash.

I backed it with a combo of two prints from the collection, and bound it in the "Ripples" chevron print.

If you're interested in making your own queen size coins quilt, Crazy Mom Quilts has some valuable info on materials and dimensions here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment