Monday, December 1, 2014

Twenty-Five Quilts, Day 1:

The blog has been very quiet lately. Although I've managed to publish my monthly collages of finished quilts, that's about all the blogging I've done since June. It's time for another motivational blogging challenge!

Last year's self-imposed "25 Days of Quilts" challenge was a success, so I'm doing a repeat this year. Each day in December (through Christmas!) I'll try to post about a recent quilt finish!

It seems appropriate to begin the challenge with a holiday-themed quilt. This quilt is made from a Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer fabric collection called "Rudolph 50 Years". 2014 marks the fiftieth anniversary of this classic holiday favorite!

The quilt began with a panel fabric, and is based on this pattern. I ended up purchasing two panels and using the fabrics a bit differently than the original.

The panel blocks with striped snowball corners look like they are pieced, but the corners are actually part of the printed design. I replicated this look in the four corner blocks by sewing 2 1/2" squares diagonally on the four corners to create a snowball block.

I love the backing, which features all of the characters from the movie!

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment: