Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Month of Quilt Tops! DAY 2: Lucy's Crab Shack


I absolutely LOVE Sweetwater's fabrics!  Lucy's Crab Shack is no exception.  The color palette is so fresh and summery, and the designs are fun -- my favorite fabric is the bicycles print.  I purchased a fat quarter bundle of the collection so that I would have a lot of design options, but I also wanted a "quick fix", so 4 charm packs and a simple patchwork design did the trick! 

To simplify the design process, I started with one charm pack and laid out a 6 x 7 grid of squares in a pleasing design.  I used this 6 x 7 grid as the first "quadrant" and replicated it for the other 3 quadrants.  This gave me a nice, even mix of color and pattern throughout the quilt.
This would make such a fun beach blanket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment