Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Finish the Flimsies Challenge Quilt #4

Tonight's finish is small -- but it's a finish!

When I first saw this project using the ombre solids from V and Co 's Simply Color fabric collection for Moda, I was so excited to try it. I think I bought the yardage the first day it was available. I eagerly cut it up into a variety of squares.


That's when I developed a love hate relationship with the quilt. It was more of a challenge than I anticipated laying out the squares into a pleasing variety of contrast. Once I sewed the top together, I really wasn't sold on the success of the project.

However,once I quilted it I fell in love with it all over again, and now I can't wait to quilt the tangerine version that is also in my pile of flimsies. I'm especially loving the zig zag backing, and I just had to finish the binding tonight so I could see the full effect!

Only 16 flimsies left to go!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment