Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Finish the Flimsies Challenge Quilts 2 and 3

Tonight's finishes are both from an adorable line from Dear Stella Fabrics called "All Hands on Deck". I'm loving the preppy color palette and the nautical theme.

I had a tumbler quilt in mind when I purchased the fabrics, so I bought half yards of 11 prints for a nice variety (the tumblers were cut with the 6 1/2 Accuquilt tumbler die

As I was cutting the fabrics into strips to run through the die cutter, I realized that with careful cutting, I could also get enough pieces out of the leftovers to make a quilt in my Hip to Be Square pattern.

I was able to piece a row of extra tumblers to help stretch the backing fabric a bit, and add a cool design element to the back

Only seventeen more flimsies left to quilt!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment