Friday, June 14, 2013

Finish the Flimsies Challenge Quilts 9, 10 and 11

This month, I have issued myself a personal challenge of quilting my stack of unquilted tops. To read more about my progress, here's the initial post.

Today's theme is Kate Spain! It's no secret that I'm a big fan of her fabrics, and I've made at least one quilt in each of her collections. Central Park is one of my absolute favorites. Quilt #9 is a Flying Geese lap quilt using my Mother Goose and Baby pattern.

I still have a lot of this fabric collection on hand -- it's hard not to hoard it!

Quilt #10 features a newer collection, Honey Honey. I had some leftover jelly roll and charm pack pieces, so I used my Hip to Be Square pattern and some white background fabric to make this large lap quilt:

I really love the way these collections pop on a white background!

Quilt #11 is from a new pattern I'm working on. I used selected fabrics from the Terrain collection...

...plus a little Central Park on the back!

That brings the total number of flimsies left to quilt into the single digits -- only 9 to go!

 

Linking up to Blossom Heart Quilts' Kate Spain Blog Hop!

 

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these. I agree with you that Kate Spain fabric with a white background looks fantastic. I just opened my pack of Central Park charms yesterday ready to start my quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hip to be square! I may just have to use that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work! And yes, I concur that Kate Spain + white solid is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on Etsy, searching something, that led to something else...you know how it goes. I just wanted to say I love your work and I'm glad you had your blog stated on Etsy, new follower! Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on Etsy, searching something, that led to something else...you know how it goes. I just wanted to say I love your work and I'm glad you had your blog stated on Etsy, new follower! Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete